Back to SIGMASIX Apps
Syphoner gives the ability to share the graphical window's content of any open application and stream it in real-time, full frame, to any Syphon client applicaton.
You can browse the web or draw a vector mask in your favorite software, and display instantly the result into your VJ or projection tool app.
Download now for free!
View documentation —
Version 1.4.6 beta available for MacOS 10.15 and above. This version is time limited until the 1st of August 2024.
If Syphoner stops refreshing at some point, you need to disable AppNap using this command in Terminal:
defaults write NSGlobalDomain NSAppSleepDisabled -bool YES
Syphon is an open source Mac OS X technology that allows applications to share frames - full frame rate video or stills - with one another in realtime. (http://syphon.v002.info).
- Select any window from any open application
- Real-time full frame output
- Keep alpha channel
- Crosshair to see where your cursor is on the window
- Crop the image to trim the title bar or other unwanted parts
- Saving files works again.
tell application "Syphoner" to activate
- Will work until the 1st of January 2022.
- Known issue: Saving and opening a project is unstable. You can bypass this issue using applescript to automatically start Syphoner on a defined process:
tell application "System Events" to tell process "Syphoner"
tell table 1 of scroll area 1 of group 2 of window 1
select (row 1 where value of text field 1 is "Google Chrome")
tell application "System Events" to tell process "Syphoner" to keystroke "l" using command down
- Minor bug corrections.
- Will work until the 31st of October 2021.
- Finally working with MacOS Catalina
- Beta version valid until 31st of October 2020
- Bug fixes
- Save and open projects are back!
- Syphoner is now free
- The name of the syphoned app is now in the syphon server name. You can duplicate Syphoner to stream different windows at the same time.
- Bug fixes
- Compiled for MacOS 10.10
Articles & Tutorials